Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wagons West, The Conclusion

Below is the continuation of 'Wagons West', Edgar Allan's Journal of our move from Arkansas to Washington state. In a week-ish, store stuff and craft stuff should once again make an appearance in my store and in my blog. But, all right now is dependant on Murphy of Murphy's Law fame. Murphy is currently stalking me and wreaking havoc where he finds havoc need wreaking. So, for now, enjoy the conclusion of our adventure. Diamondmeenuh Creations will be back up and running soon!

The Exodus Continued:
May 29, 2008: Mom got us up way too early again today, especially since we didn’t get much sleep since our neighbor on the other side of our wall kept going in and out and slamming her door. Well, none of us crashed, if nothing else, but it was quite noisy. Dad stuffed us into his truck in the right order without Mom saying a word and we were off and driving. Well, Dad was driving, Mom was watching AsaMina cause her hormones are still a bit nuts from all the time changes and early mornings and all. All of our systems, including Mom’s are a bit off. We like our tight schedule. Mom promises it’ll settle down again when we get to the place she’s calling Washington.
Today is also Cleo’s 12th birthday! Cleo told me Mom always seems to move or do something dramatic on her birthday, so she wasn’t surprised at the caravan ride to Washington landing on her 12th birthday. She said they moved to Arkansas on her 8th birthday. But, she also told me that this was the one time in the whole universe it was ok for Mom to be doing something dramatic on her birthday cause tomorrow we get to see Huey and Momma Tina! Huey is the love of Cleo’s life you know. She got really depressed, she tells me, when Belle and Ralphie both crossed over the Rainbow Bridge and didn’t want to live anymore. Then she met Huey and it was love and first sight. This will be the first time they’ll meet in birdson, you know. They talk on the phone and on the computer. Cleo’s my security blanket. I feel safe when she’s beside me—well in the cage beside me as we both like our own private space—and she feels safest when she’s got Huey’s picture. I’m glad Mom respects our feelings so much and makes sure me and Cleo and Huey are always together.
Mom took mostly scenery pictures today. I found New Mexico a really weird place to look at. It was very, very, very flat and there were no trees at all. But, as Dad drove further into New Mexico there were these odd mountain-hill things that popped up out of the ground. They were rather pretty. Mom said we went through the Painted Desert. It’s called that cause the dirt looks like it was painted. I thought that was fun to watch go by. I didn’t count birds today cause the scenery made me a bit nervous. We also went through mountains like I’ve never seen before. Cleo and Mom both told me they are like that in New Hampshire. I’ve never been there before and Mom and Cleo both told me it’s the other direction from what we’re driving. I guess I won’t see New Hampshire. Mom showed me a snow capped mountain called The San Francisco Peak. It was really cool cause I’d never seen a snow capped mountain before. It looked like it had one of Dad’s cowboy hats on.
Mom also told me that tomorrow she’d give me a rubber ducky and floaties cause my water bottle top didn’t hold suction today. She said I could have gone swimming in the diapers on my tray. Mom calls the paper towels she puts in our travel cages ‘diapers’ cause she says they catch ‘processed leftovers’ just like human pampers do. Mom’s a bit weird, but I’m glad cause I do love my Mom. My other two mom’s weren’t weird and they didn’t love me or even like me. By the way, does anyone know what ‘floaties’ are and why do I need them to swim in my wet diapers? I know what a rubber ducky is. I do hope I get one tomorrow!
I guess the one thing that excited Mom and Dad during the trip was that we crossed the Continental Divide at 1:32pm. Does that excite you? It doesn’t me. What is a Continental Divide anyway? One of those weird human things? I was watching the road when we crossed it and I didn’t see anything different than before the Continental Divide or after. Gotta be a weird human thing.
We’re now at Camp Cockatiel at another place called Motel 6 in a place called Flagstaff Arizona. I like this one better than the one we stayed at last night. It’s brighter and the A/C isn’t blowing on us. Mom had to cover us to keep the chill off. AsaMina likes this Camp Cockatiel, too. She and Worthington have the desk spot directly against the TV. She’s watching with her face nearly against the screen. Mom thinks it’s funny. I’m just tired, so I guess I’ll end today’s entry here. Tomorrow we head for San Diego and Momma Tina and Huey’s house! May 30, 2008: Another early day according to the clock Dad has in his truck. But, it feels much later. Mom said that we went through this thing called a ‘time change’. Actually we went through two of them. So, even though the clock says 6:40am pacific time, it’s 8:40 Arkansas time. Mom says our bodies will be really confused for a few days, but we’ll be fine. I was just grateful for the bit of extra sleep last night.
Today I counted airplanes and helicopters. Mom said they’re not birds, but they do fly like them. They made me and Cleo a bit nervous, but Mom was there to reassure us that it was ok. We traveled through this place called The Rocky Mountains. It was really cool, too. The mountains look like uncolored parrot sized pellets all piled one on top of the other. Mom said that’s where Pet Rocks are born. I’m not sure if she was serious or not since I’ve never seen or heard of a Pet Rock and Dad didn’t say anything to her. Cleo and Mom counted down the miles on the signs for San Diego all the way there.
After we got through the Rocky Mountains we went through a place called a ‘desert’. This desert was different from the ones in Arizona, which had rocks and cactus and funny little wiry bushes. The desert in California looked like a sand box with little wiry bushes in it. We also went through three things called ‘Border Check Points’ when we were on Route 8 in California. Mom and Dad thought it was weird since we were in California and not this place called Mexico. I’ve heard of Mexico on the news. I know Mexico has cool music cause Dad played some for us on the radio through Arizona and California. But, I can’t tell you much more cause I’ve never been to Mexico. Mom and Dad said we got close, however. If AsaMina had sneezed she would have slimed Mexico it was so close. Mom and Dad said that the border check points were to make sure we didn’t have illegals with us. I guess that’s why Mom micro chipped us and got our health certificates, too. We were legals, not illegals she explained to me after we got through the first check point. When we got up to the little building where the border check people were standing we were all super quiet in the back seat, even Tyson Parker didn’t wolf whistle at the lady who stopped us, and the border check people just waved us on. They didn’t check anything except where we came from. Dad told them Springdale, Arkansas and I guess that means Mom and Dad aren’t illegal, either. Mom said it was very good that we were quiet cause she didn’t have to take out the papers we got at the vet and show them to the border people. Mom said she was very proud of us, especially Tyson Parker who normally wolf whistles or yells ‘come-eeeer’ to ever human he sees.
Mom said it was the first time she’d seen signs for Los Angeles since she was 17 years old. Dad said he was 13 years old the last time he saw this side of the Untied States, which I guess was a long, long, long, long time ago. Mom and Dad are old, you know.
Once we got mostly over the mountains Mom read Dad the directions to Momma Tina’s house. Dad at one point told Mom we had to find Route 65 and Mom said Dad wasn’t’ listening so Cleo made sure Dad knew exactly where to go. She gave Dad all the directions, but Dad didn’t listen to her either. Mom told Dad to listen to her and Cleo. See, Huey and Cleo do this BSP thing where they can be with each other in ‘spirit’, so Cleo knew the area and exactly where Momma Tina and Huey live.
We found Huey’s house with no problem thanks to Cleo and I was so happy to see my Momma Tina! Momma Tina is really cool and nice. Huey only had eyes for Cleo, but Mom and Momma said it was because they were seeing their pictures move for the first time. Huey loves Cleo and Cleo loves Huey—even though they are real to each other now. Cleo got the cart next to Huey’s cage and the rest of us got put on a coffee table pretty low down. Camry, Huey’s sister who’s a medium sized sporty model dog, came over and stuck her nose up against our travel cages. None of us, including Worthington, are afraid of Camry. We’d never have one of our Weenie Cousins sniff us like that, but Camry is ok. We all knew she was safe and wouldn’t hurt us. We haven’t seen Cricket yet. He’s Huey’s brother, a cat. Cricket gets nervous around Huey and Momma Tina said that all of us were probably giving Cricket grey fur. I think Mom saw him , however. Momma Tina fed us tortilla chips and we got to stay up WAY, WAY past our bed time so we could have as much fun with Huey and Momma Tina as possible before we have to leave for San Pedro tomorrow. I really don’t want to leave. It feels so much like home here. I feel safe here and I’m not scared or shy at all with Momma Tina or Huey or Camry. I even showed Momma Tina my anti gravity boots and did some of my extra special back flips just for her, too. Momma Tina likes my anti gravity boots and back flips. I even let her get really close to me without panicking, too. Mom was very proud of me for that. I think I was proud of me for that, too.
Huey made Worthington duck a few times, which made Mom and Momma laugh. Huey can fly and he sounds like a hummingbird when he does. None of us are used to hummingbirds buzzing around our heads! But, Huey was cool and didn’t scare us either. He kept buzzing the top of Mom. Mom knew he was making sure she was a safe place to land. I heard Mom say that after we went to bed (way, way past our bedtime!) that Huey landed on Mom for just a second. He also helped Mom and Momma do a puzzle. I sure can’t wait for tomorrow. We get to spend the whole day with Huey, Camry and Momma Tina!
May 31, 2008: Mom says we’re on normal time today, which still isn’t normal to us. I do hope I get used to this Pacific Time thing soon. But, tired or out of whack or not, I’m glad we get to spend the whole day here today with Momma Tina and Huey!
It was a great day. Mom and Momma sat in the living room with all of us and worked on two puzzles. One Momma almost had done but hadn’t finished due to the horses not cooperating. Then they did a puzzle with an easy tree that took them all day to figure out. Humans definitely are very entertaining! Cleo was worried about me being on the coffee table by myself with Tyson Parker on one side of me and AsaMina and Worthington on the other, so she asked Mom to move her from next to Huey to next to me. I told her I was fine and that Camry was protecting me from indecent proposals from Tyson Parker, but Cleo does look out for me and insisted. Mom and Momma swapped her and AsaMina and Worthington’s travel cages around so they were next to Huey and Cleo was next to me. I liked when Camry came up to my travel cage and sniffed me. She’s nice and not scary at all. Kind of like a big cockatiel, but with fur. Momma said she’s half golden retriever and half border collie. I just know she’s a great sister to me and she makes me feel safe. Worthington and Huey can speak the same language and they talked and talked and talked and talked all day. Mom and Momma thought it was cute. I enjoyed listening to the conversation myself. Huey let Mom know she was accepted by landing on her. Huey really trusted Mom from what Momma said cause he’d buzz the top of Mom’s head like a hummingbird on jet fuel (Mom’s words for it, and I agree. The little guy is really fast!). He frizzed the top of Mom’s head from flying so close to the top of it. It made Mom laugh. Huey also is really good at puzzles and he helped Mom and Momma put both of them together. He’d walk around on the puzzle pieces and talk to each one. He’d also hand Mom and Momma the pieces he found that they were looking for. Huey sat on Mom, too. Mom can speak fluent budgie and they talked. I didn’t go and hide behind my toys once today cause I just feel so safe here. Safer than I’ve ever felt in my 2 ½ years.
We also got things called ‘egg biscuits’ as a treat from Momma Tina and Huey. None of us has ever had one before, but they are good. Mom said we’d get cheerios for breakfast tomorrow. I’m definitely looking forward to that!
I’m glad today was a quiet day with everyone in the same room. I’m going to miss Momma Tina and Huey when we leave for the place called San Pedro tomorrow. Mom said we’re going to see someone called Uncle Jerry and Aunt Vida. I sure hope they’re as nice and unscary as Momma Tina.
June 1, 2008: It was quite the day! We left Momma Tina, Huey and Camry at 9am. Mom really wanted to stay for breakfast, but Dad was in a hurry. I wanted to stay for breakfast, too. I wish Dad had let us stay just a bit longer. But, we left at 9 am anyway. We took this road called I-15 and went through more mountains. It was pretty, but all of us but Dad wished we were still at Momma Tina’s. It didn’t take us long to get to Los Angeles and a place called Harbor City where our Camp Cockatiel was for the next two nights and a day and a half.
Our Camp room wasn’t ready so we just drove down to Aunt Vida and Uncle Jerry’s place about 15 minutes away from our Camp Cockatiel Motel 6. Aunt Vida was startled to see Dad but when she figured out who he was she was thrilled and she was thrilled to see Mom and us, too. They used to have bird kids also, but they don’t anymore. Just a golden retriever who bounces a lot, but is really cool named Whitney and they have a chinchilla named Chilla who was very friendly to us. We stayed in the sun room with Chilla while Mom and Dad and Aunt and Uncle went to a Japanese restaurant. Mom told me she had stuff called Miso Soup with tofu and seaweed in it and Teriyaki Salmon with rice for dinner. I do know it must have been good since Mom said it was, but I have not one clue what Miso, tofu, seaweed, teriyaki and salmon are. I wonder, however, if all that stuff is as good as nutri-berries.
Mom and Aunt Vida and Uncle Jerry were all giggling about Dad. He actually tasted the Miso Soup! I know just from the little bit of time I’ve been in this family that Dad won’t eat anything unless it’s unhealthy and/or fried. Miso Soup, I guess, is neither.
We got back to camp really late, but it was lots of fun. It was my first car ride at night time. I’m not sure if I want to do it again or not, but I’m glad I got to do it once. Aunt Vida and Uncle Jerry talked to us and everything. None of us were scared of Whitney either. But, he was kept on the other side of the glass door from us so he wouldn’t bounce us. Mom said he had lots of ‘Go-Juice’. I guess that’s what made him move so fast. We also got to meet Tiny. Tiny is a big tortoise who was wandering around the back yard. Tiny came up to the glass outside doors to introduce himself, he was quite polite. It was a really good day. Ok, the truth, it was basically a good day. When we got back to Camp Cockatiel Momma Tina, Huey and Camry weren’t there waiting for us. I do miss them and Cleo won’t leave Huey’s picture that Mom attached to the back of her travel cage. She misses Huey most of all.
June 2, 2008: It’s a slow morning today. Mom said we don’t need to leave Camp till 10:45 am to get to Grandpa and Grandmas place. Mom’s nervous about it, I can tell as can the rest of us kids. But Mom won’t admit it.
No Momma Tina, Huey or Camry again. We’re all still missing them.
Well, it’s 5:51pm and we’re all back at Camp Cockatiel in Harbor City for the night. Mom said it’s going to be an early night cause we’ve gotta get up extra early tomorrow morning to head out to Medford Oregon which isn’t anywhere near Momma Tina, Huey and Camry. Cleo won’t leave Huey’s picture. I think she’s been in BSP with him for most of the day. We had a good visit with Grandma and Grandpa. They have a cool Husky named Bart who can sing and he did sing for us. It was really neat sounding. I’ve never heard a Husky sing before. While the humans had cold cuts for lunch me and my siblings camped out in a pool house that had the coolest of cool echos. Bart tried to check on us, but he wasn’t allowed in. Grandpa said he’d never seen a tiel before and Mom wanted to be sure we were safe. Mom and Dad and Grandma and Grandpa had a good time and lots of good human talk.
Now, before I go on, why is it called a pool house when there is no pool in it? And is a pool anything like a bathtub? If it is, why on earth would humans willingly get into one? I HATE having a bath as to the rest of us. And for another thing, why are they called ‘cold cuts’? Isn’t it ‘cold sliced meat’? And the humans think we’re weird. At least when we have something to say we say what we mean and not all this secret code word stuff that they do.
After a few hours with Grandma and Grandpa we got to go to G&G’s house. Cleo and AsaMina know them and have spoken to them over the phone and told me that they loved all of Mom’s kids. They loved the stories about us and pictures, too. They crossed over the rainbow bridge just after AsaMina hatched, so I never got to meet them over the phone or in birdson either. But I guess seeing their old house is close enough. Mom said it’s changed so much that only the address is the same in the front. The front door faces the street and not up the street like it did before. There is no ivy on the stair railing, no dining room picture windows and the front living room picture window was gone, too. Mom also said she didn’t like the palm trees. She did tell us that it looked like the fig tree was still in the back yard. Mom was glad she saw G&G’s house and I’m glad we got to see it too.
I got to see something Mom called ‘L.A. scenery’ while we were on the 405 Freeway. It looked like a bunch of cars and trucks and motorcycles moving really, really slowly. It wasn’t as interesting as the buzzards flying above the cars. I do hope the scenery from Los Angeles to Medford is much more interesting than cars moving slowly.
June 3, 2008: Boy did we get up early! Mom had us up and Dad had us packed into the truck by 6:20am! We headed north on the 110 freeway and then got onto one called the 405 and got stuck in the L.A. Scenery for 45 minutes. Mom said it’s like that all the time on the freeways cause of so many humans on their way to work. You’d think they’d plan their trips better so they wouldn’t get stuck in the L.A. Scenery.
Most of Southern California was just city and buildings and such. It wasn’t until we drove over another mountain range and came near a place called Taft and Maricopa that we saw plants and farms again. Well, they were grape farms, Mom explained to me. Humans grow grapes to let them get old and shriveled and sell them as things called raisins. Mom said that’s where the raisins come from that are in our seed and pellet mix that AsaMina and Worthington love to throw at each other when they play on the jungle gym. Mom also told me that grapes also get fermented to make stuff called wine that gourmet humans and bums like to drink. Humans really are a weird species!
When we got a bit further north we saw where the rice in our Birdie Mush comes from. The town called Williams in Northern California has a farm called ‘rice pattys’. The pattys looked like soggy pools of grass, but Mom said that’s how they grow rice. That was interesting to see since I do love rice. We didn’t stop so we could taste any of the grass, ‘rice’, growing in the pools of water. Mom said it was still growing and wouldn’t be ready for tasting and eating till later on in the year.
I kept Mom and Dad guessing, too. I have been squeaking twice when I see a bird and like the well trained humans they are, Mom and Dad look right out the window for the bird, say to me ‘bird-bird’ and tell me I’m a good boy. I’m grateful for Mom and Dad on this trip. They’ve really kept me entertained! But, today I didn’t just count birds, I counted airplanes and helicopters, too. Sometimes I just would squeak twice to see if they’d look out the window and they did, every time! I love my Mom and Dad!
After a really, really long time, we got close to where Medford Camp Cockatiel was. But, before we could get to camp we had to go through the Shasta National Forest. That was really, really pretty! I think I enjoyed watching that scenery most of all. Lots of really, really tall trees and birds, too, I spent most of that part of the ride looking out the window or napping. It was getting late. Mom pointed out Lake Shasta and Mount Shasta itself. The mountain was the biggest I’ve ever seen! We didn’t get into camp till 7:30pm. Mom just got our dishes filled and water bottles filled for tomorrow and then we all just went to bed.
Mom says tomorrow is our last day on the road. She told me that we’ll be home tomorrow, which is a good thing since Worthington and AsaMina are beginning to get on the others nerves and ours, too. We’ve been in our travel cages since May 11 and on the road for 7 whole days. I think we’re all ready for home. Mom promised, just one more day.
June 4, 2008: It’s another way too early of a day! Dad had us all packed up by 6:30am again and we’re off for Port Angeles where our Grandma lives and our home is. I do wonder how the moving men moved our whole house to Washington. Mom told me it’s a ‘new’ house, not the same one we were in in Springdale. I do hope it’s got more sunny windows than our Springdale house cause it was always so dark in our room so Mom wouldn’t get sick. I do hope Mom doesn’t get sick in our new house. I do love my Mom and don’t like seeing her sick.
Our first stop was to feed Dads truck. It had an empty tummy as did Dad. While Dad was filling up the truck with its breakfast Mom showed us something called a rainbow. I’ve only heard of this rainbow bridge before, but this was the first time I’d ever seen it. It was beautiful! I don’t think Tyson Parker saw it, however, because he was talking to the lake sea gulls that were flying all over the place. They made me a bit nervous, but Mom said they were outside and we were inside so we were safe. I just watched the rainbow some more. It was good I didn’t see anyone cross over it cause that would have been really scary and sad, too.
After the truck and Dad had happy tummies we continued to drive north. About half way through the state of Oregon we passed a sign that said we were half way to the North Pole. The sign said it was the 45th parallel, but I didn’t see anything but the sign. Mom told me it was one of those human things so humans would know where they were. Dad told me we weren’t going all the way to the North Pole, just to Washington, a few more hours north. I don’t know, I think I’d have liked to see the North Pole myself. The ‘parallel’ is like the ‘continental divide’, invisible.
Mom pointed out farms up in the Oregon mountains to me. It was a damp drizzly day today, but it was really pretty cause the rain drops made the grass and trees sparkle a bit. I was too busy watching the sparkles to look for birds or airplanes or helicopters today.
Mom got really excited when we got to the end of Oregon and got near this bridge that connects Oregon into Washington. I looked, too. Mom said she and Grandma and Auntie Mir all drove this same road when Mom was a kid. Mom told me that Grandma’s cars odometer went from all 9’s to all 0’s on that bridge. Mom was definitely more excited than I was. Tyson Parker actually opened his eyes to watch the bridge, too. Tyson Parker has been sleeping for most of the car trip. He woke up to listen to the Mexican music in Southern California, but beyond that, he’s been a lazy bum and missing all the cool stuff we’ve been driving past.
Mom got lots of pictures of the Portland Oregon skyline and even more of the bridge she was so excited to see. I think she told me it was the Vancouver Bridge, but I’m not sure.
We drove some more and Mom showed us that we were getting close when we got off the I-5 freeway and onto one the humans labeled the 101. The 101 went next to this place called Puget Sound and then through Potlatch State Park and some place called Mynerva Beach. It was really pretty. I’ve never seen water like that before. It was a deep blue green and sparkled. I do like sparkles!
Mom called and talked to Grandma when we got to this town called Sequim. Mom said it was the town next to where our new home is. Mom said we were going to go meet Grandma first so we could all get hugged and pick up eggs and water for our Birdie Mush. We’ve been eating just dry foods on this car ride and all of us, especially Cleo, miss our Mush.
I helped Mom watch out the window for the streets Grandma told her to drive down. Mom said that Port Angeles had changed a lot, but there were still things she recognized and was able to help guide Dad to Grandma’s house. And, we did have to go past the Strait and through the Woods, just like the Christmas song…..or is it Thanksgiving?
Grandma is a really awesome lady! She climbed into the truck next to Mom and talked super sweetly to us and whistled at us and talked a lot to Mom and Dad, too. We didn’t stay long since we were all tired and Mom and Dad wanted us to get to the new house so we could settle in for the night.
It only took about 5 minutes to get to our new home. It was chilly out, so we were mostly covered when Dad carried us in. We got the living room dining room area as our new spot and Mom set up the blankets on the floor and put our travel cages on top. Mom told us that our big cages wouldn’t be here till tomorrow. The movers still had all of our things that didn’t fit in Dads truck.
Mom and Dad checked out the house and picked their rooms and Dad unpacked the truck and Mom found new homes for all the stuff. All of us were exhausted and went to bed as soon as the truck was empty. Mom slept on the floor in our room so we’d know we were safe. I’m glad Mom micro chipped me and kept me and brought me with the family on this trip.
June 5, 2008: We got up at 8am, our normal time, which still feels different to us cause the times are different between Arkansas and Washington. But Mom said we’d all adjust soon. Mom ate breakfast with us and then the movers showed up a little later at 9am. They were really nice people. Tyson Parker did his best to get their attention, but they were too busy moving our things into the house to stop to talk to Tyson Parker.
After they brought in our big cages Mom began cutting all the ties she put in to hold our toys and perches in place. She also had to put my cage back together again cause the back wall fell loose and was being held in place with a couple of my toys and Mom’s ties. As soon as our cages were together she took us out of our travel cages and put us back into our big cages. I immediately began looking around and all my toys were still there and my perches were still there, too. All was where I left it, but what Mom took out for my travel cage. She said she’d put the toys from the travel cage back into my big cage as soon as she can.
AsaMina and Worthington were the happiest to be back in their big cages. They have separate big cages, but shared a travel cage for the trip. They were happy not to have the others tail in their faces anymore.
Mom set our cages up differently than they were in Arkansas. I’m still next to Cleo, but she’s got Tyson Parker on her other side now and not Worthington. Worthington is now next to me and AsaMina is next to him. Mom didn’t want to totally separate them since they are good friends.
June 13, 2008: I figure it’s fitting to end this journal on Friday the 13th since I was named after Edgar Allan Poe and am Mom’s 13th tiel.
It’s been a very busy 9 days for Mom, Dad and us. Mom and Dad have run errands nearly every day and have managed to get all of our stuff and their stuff out of boxes and put where it belongs. I just love our new home! I’ve never seen anything like it! We’ve got the 5 HUGEST windows you’ve ever seen! The windows look out over the top of other humans houses and we have a clear view of the Strait of Juan De Fuca and the Ediz Hook and a place called Vancouver Island! We can see boats and big ships come and go and Mom made sure we can see all of this from our big cages AND our jungle gym. From our dining room and our jungle gym we can see the Cascade Mountains and the grey clouds that live on top of them. There are lots of birds here, too. Mom says they are Ravens and Crows and Sea Gulls. Mom says I need to learn to say, “Nevermore” to the Ravens. It’s so nice and bright here. Even on cloudy days it’s brighter than it was in Arkansas. Our room isn’t hot or dark at all, which is good for us and Mom, too.
Dad and Tyson Parker like to look out Dad’s front room picture window. Not sure why since it’s got the same view as our living room window. I’ll try not to be too shy and I’ll ask Dad later.
But, that’s my Exodus story from Arkansas to the place called Washington. I really had fun and so enjoyed all I saw and got to do. I’m happy to be here and I’m happiest of all to be part of this family forever. I’ll keep working on not being so shy since I do know Mom will always be there to keep me safe and I’ll always be part of this family, too.
When I asked Mom if we’d get to have another Exodus again she said to me, “Quoteth the Raven, ‘Nevermore’.”

No comments: